Hands up if you like relaxing! Almost everyone does, right? Here’s a little known recommendation for all homeowners – There’s almost nothing more relaxing than spending a Saturday afternoon basking in the sun with a cold drink and some chilled music. Especially if it’s in the comfort of your own small sunroom.
To show you all just how beautiful and cosy a sunroom can be, here’s our official list of beautiful little sunroom ideas. Be sure to also explore our list of simple dining room wall decor ideas if you’re planning to make your small sunroom a dining area.
It’s sunroom idea time! This means it’s time to bombard you with dozens of examples of what an incredible little sunroom looks like. You’ll find everything here, from the best seating, plants, small sofa styles, storage space, and even high-end glass walls that you can hunt for to create your own exquisite sunroom.
Suggested Sunroom Furniture & Decor
Many people think sunrooms are glorified patios with windows that let in the sunlight, but, they’re also a great space for activities such as reading, gym and taking naps. When it comes to the decor, there’re so many ways to spruce up a small sunroom.
With the right sunroom furniture, you can create a space that’s almost impossible to leave. Here’re some great furniture and decor ideas to start. Think bigger than wicker furniture and colorful pillows.
There’s no need to get stuck on the main aspects of small sunroom design, any great idea for decor begins with thinking carefully about your interests. Inspiration can be found in simple things like wanting more greenery in your home.
- Adding posters with bright colours to your small space is the easiest way to create a great theme in your small sunroom. We’re a big fan of adding contemporary art posters, landscapes posters or minimalistic posters.
- Small sunrooms make for a great home library and reading space for those who enjoy reading.
- Having a coffee table can elevate your space and make it awesome for a morning coffee and breakfast with your family.
- The exposure to natural sunlight makes a sunroom the perfect place to have plants and other greenery in your home.
Ceiling Window / Skylight
- Instead of opting for a standard ceiling. Skylights are all the rage, they bring in additional sunlight into your space to brighten it up. If you’ve got furniture with bright colors, skylights bring in the right kind of light to make every decor element pop.
Seating / Couches / Chairs
- Chairs are a great addition to the space, as they extend your living area and make it the perfect spot to gather with friends and family or relax. You can go for durable seating like leather chairs to withstand the sun. Some people go all out with a hanging chair or hamm0ck to keep their rooms interesting.
If you asked nearly everyone what kind of vibe they’d like their home to have, most people would say they want their home to be welcoming. That’s a feeling that needs to be present from the onset, as people walk into your space.
Since most sunrooms are at the entrance of your home, it’s absolutely mandatory to create a welcoming sunroom. It’s a good thing for you, every single example we’ve included on this list achieves just that. So feel free to emulate these if you please, but remember to add your own unique, personal touch to yours!
Beach Style Sunroom
Sunrooms are a great way to add extra living space without having to take on a full home renovation.
Suburban Home Sunroom
Sunrooms are also a great place to relax and enjoy the natural light and warmth of the sun.
Sunrooms can be used in a variety of ways, depending on your needs. If you want to use your sunroom as an office or workspace, you’ll want to make sure it has plenty of natural light.
Living Room Sunroom
If you’re looking to add a dining space, you’ll want to include a table and chairs.
Perfect Nap Room
If you just want a place to relax and enjoy the view, you can furnish your sunroom with comfortable furniture and decor that reflects your personal style.
Elegant Relax Room
No matter how you plan to use your sunroom, there are a few things to keep in mind when it comes to small sunroom ideas.
- First, you’ll want to make sure the space is well-insulated so it doesn’t get too hot or too cold.
Cottage Small Sunroom
- Second, you’ll want to choose furniture and decor that can withstand the elements if you plan on using your sunroom year-round.
- Third, you’ll want to consider the overall aesthetic of the space and how it will fit into the rest of your home’s design.
Keep it light and bright.
When it comes to small sunroom ideas, one of the most important things to consider is the overall light and bright feel of the space. This can be achieved in a number of ways, from choosing light-coloured furniture to adding mirrors to reflect light.
If you want your sunroom to feel like an extension of your outdoor living space, consider adding large windows and skylights.
Go for a minimalistic look.
Another great way to make your sunroom feel more spacious is to go for a minimalistic look. This can be achieved by choosing simple, clean-lined furniture and avoiding clutter.
If you want to add some color and pattern to the space, opt for simple prints and patterns that won’t overwhelm the room.
His & Her Space
One of the best things about sunrooms is that they offer a great opportunity to bring the outdoors in. To incorporate nature into your small sunroom, consider adding plants, flowers, and even a small water feature. You can also use nature-inspired decor, such as driftwood sculptures or sea glass vases.
Family Games Room
Create a cozy nook.
If you’re looking for small sunroom ideas that will make the space feel more intimate, consider creating a cozy nook. This can be done by adding a comfortable chair or sofa, along with a few pillows and throws.
Glass Wall Porch
For a finishing touch, add a small table or sideboard to hold books, magazines, or other items.
Make it multifunctional.
If you’re short on space, you’ll want to make sure your sunroom is multifunctional. This can be done by incorporating built-in storage, such as shelves and cabinets.
Art Style Small Sunroom
You can also use the space for other purposes, such as a home office or dining area. By getting creative with your layout, you can make the most of your small sunroom.
Small sunrooms are a great way to add extra living space to your home without having to take on a full renovation. With these small sunroom ideas, you can create a space that is both functional and stylish.
More Stunning Small Sunroom Ideas
Family Gathering Spot
White Color Scheme
Indoor Outdoor Porch
Country House Sunroom
Chic Wooden Sunroom
Sunroom / Outdoor living room
Beach style Sunroom
Mid Century Modern Sunroom
Sunroom With A Garden
Now that you’ve seen a few awesome examples of small sunroom ideas, It’s a good time to start creating your own. As you know, the possibilities are endless, from wicker furniture to pendant lamps, almost any idea you think is great for your small sunroom is a brilliant idea. Go for it and enjoy the process!