How to stand out from other artists and earn the big bucks and bigger fame you really deserve? We’ve got 4 words (among many more you should familiarize yourself with) that will change your approach instantly.
Think like a customer.
Create Collections Of At Least 8 Artworks
Create collections consisting of at least 8 pieces as average customer purchase series of 3 works to express their passions and ease the decor hassle. For you it means higher chances of becoming a successful seller on Displate.
Eight is also the number of artworks that enables to present the designs in two separate rows when browsing a collection. Website-wise: it just looks better. Additionally, having a collection of 8 and more also boosts your visibility on displate.com. And you will just give your clients a wider choice to collect their passions.
Think Strategically In Terms Of Your Work
Not many artists are aware of this but putting every artwork doesn’t always pay off. Think about what you want to create and sell instead. Look for inspiration in trending subjects, pop culture or world around you.
Check what’s trending now and trust your instincts. You can’t go wrong with topics that people are craving to know.
Give People What They Want
From our experience, people are looking for series of artworks so they can express their passions.
Collections help them manage their space and create an overarching narrative between several designs. So, a collection is a must.
Go For Higher Number
An average total sales for artists with more Displates are much higher vs those who uploaded only 1 artwork.
Here’s how it works:
- Artists who have 8 arts uploaded earn on average 17 times more than artists who have only 1 artwork
- Artists who have 10-19 arts uploaded earn on average 33 times more than artists who have 1 artwork
- Artists who have 9-30 artworks uploaded earn on average 11 times more than artists who have less than 8 artworks
- Artists who have 100+ artworks uploaded earn on average 4.3 times more than artists who have 30-100 artworks
Create Coherent Collections
It’s in people’s nature to look for stuff that expresses the variety of their passions. When doing so, they want to know that the artist they buy from is someone their own style. Coherency helps reinforce their approach, and makes your work even more desirable.
Here is what to do to create a truly powerful collection:
1. Add at least 8 artworks in the same style or theme. If you’re an illustrator with photography skills, split the two techniques between two or more collections. You are an artist, so you need to take care of the aesthetics.
2. Try to upload your artworks in the same orientation – a potential customer is more likely to buy 3 vertical posters at the same time, than 2 vertical and 1 horizontal. It just looks much better.
Get Featured To Our 1 Million Followers
If your collections are themed or present any passion, there is much bigger chance to get featured to our over 2,000,000 social media followers and get more earnings.
As you can see below, such shoutouts give you tons of ❤ from our fans!
Read more about How To Get Featured On Displate
Diversify your artwork
Create themed collections of designs that share unique style and represent specific passion, and make a beautiful composition out of them. If you’re master of various styles – use it as your advantage and create different collections for your buyers.
Peek at your competition
It’s healthy to compete. Trying to outdo other artists keeps your creative juices flowing. It also helps. But it also serves another purpose. Check what customers prefer buying. Take a look at trending, bestselling collections and passions. Which artists get all the love? Which designs are killing it? If you find those ask yourself a question. What are they doing differently? Why people buy their artwork? Selling your work requires some critical thinking as well as strategy. But it’s all doable if you think like a potential customer.
Love your work!
This one might sound corny but hear us out. You have to like what you’re doing to be successful.