§ 1. GENERAL PROVISIONS
- These Terms (hereinafter referred to as the “Terms”) refer to a Charity Event under the name “1 retweet = 1 tree” in relation to Earth Day (hereinafter referred to as the “Charity Event”).
- The Charity Event is organized by GWD Concept Sp. z o.o. with its registered office in Warsaw 02-017, Aleje Jerozolimskie 123A, entered into the Register of Entrepreneurs of the National Court Register kept by the District Court for the Capital City of Warsaw, XII Commercial Division of the National Court Register under entry No. 0000451277, NIP (Tax Identification Number) 9512364589 (hereinafter referred to as the “Organizer”).
- The beneficiary of the Charity Event is Trees for the Future, Inc., with its registered seat at the address: 1400 Spring Street, Suite 500, Silver Spring, Maryland 20910, United States of America, EIN: 52-1644869 (hereinafter referred to as the “Beneficiary”).
- The Participant of the Charity Event is each owner of an account on the social network Twitter who, during the period of the Charity Event, i.e., on April 22, 2023, from the moment of appearance of the tweet on the official Organizer’s Twitter account (https://twitter.com/displate) until April 23, 2023, 10:00 AM CEST, will make a retweet of the original tweet, as defined in § 2. point 2 of the Terms (hereinafter referred to as the “Participant”).
§ 2. CHARITY EVENT
- The Charity Event will be carried out on the social network Twitter (www.twitter.com).
- The Charity Event will start on April 22, 2023, from the moment of appearance of the tweet on the official Organizer’s Twitter account (https://twitter.com/displate) (hereinafter referred to as the “Original Tweet”) and will end on April 23, 2023, 10:00 AM CEST. No retweets will be counted after this time.
- Donations will only be valid when the Original Tweet has been retweeted during the period of the Charity Event in accordance with these Terms.
- For one retweet made during the period of the Charity Event in accordance with these Terms, the Organizer will pay to the Beneficiary a donation equal to the price of planting one baby tree. Total Organizer’s donation from the retweets will not exceed the cost of planting 50,000 baby trees.
- In case of technical error, the Organizer will pay the Beneficiary a donation equal to the price of planting 5,000 baby trees.
- The number of retweets made in accordance with these Terms will be calculated by the Organizer.
- The Organizer will inform about the results of the Charity Event via its Twitter account (https://twitter.com/displate) at the latest within 14 days after the end of the Charity Event.
§ 3. PARTICIPANTS’ RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS
- Participants are obliged to comply with these Terms of Charity Event and with Twitter Rules and policies.
- By participating in Charity Event, the Participant agrees to these Terms.
- The right to participate in the Charity Event is granted only to those Participants who meet all the conditions of participation specified in these Terms.
- Participants are obliged to use their real personal accounts to retweet. No retweets made from fake accounts or by bots will be counted. The Organizer has the right to verify the authenticity of the Participant’s account.
- Participation in the Charity Event is voluntary and free of charge.
Participants provide personal data voluntarily; however, lack of thereof will make it impossible to join the Charity Event. No user information will be captured from the retweets and used for any other purposes other than mentioned above.
§ 4. COMPLAINTS
- Any complaints regarding the Charity Event procedure should be reported to the Organizer at the email address: [email protected].
- Complaints shall be investigated by the Organizer within 14 business days of the receipt of the complaint.
§ 5. FINAL PROVISIONS
- The Organizer reserves the right to change the provisions of these Terms at any time. The Organizer shall promptly inform the Participants about each change to these Terms by publishing relevant information on https://displate.com/blog.
- The information about Charity Event contained in any information and promotional materials, in particular on Organizer’s blog (https://displate.com/blog), has only auxiliary character; the scope of rights and obligations of the Participant and Organizer is set out in these Terms.
- The Organizer is not liable for cancellation, changes of deadlines, or change of conditions of the Charity Event as a result of unpredictable circumstances or events beyond its control.
- These Terms and the Charity Event are governed by Polish law.
- Any disputes that may arise between the Organizer and the Participants connected with the Charity Event shall be resolved as far as possible in good faith by negotiations. In case the agreement is not reached by negotiations, a dispute shall be resolved by a common court competent for the registered office of the Organizer.
- These Terms enter into force on the date of publication of the Original Tweet.
- These Terms will be available on the Organizer’s blog (https://displate.com/blog).